블로거와 함께하는 골목이야기
길남이와 함께하는 골목여행

홈> Mt.Ami, Namsan-dong

골목투어

Mt.Ami, Namsan-dong

The hill located behind the Red Cross Hospital in Banwoldang was called Mt. Ami. One of the reasons for the name was that the word Ami meant the eyebrows of a beauty because when looking at Namsan from Gyeongsang-gamyeong, the small hill looked like the eyebrow of a beauty. Another reason was explained as having gotten the name from China's Mt. Emei.

찾아오시는길

Behind Red Cross Hospital in Banwoldang, Daegu

둘러보기

Bohyun Temple, Kwandukjung, Banwoldang, Munwookwan at Sangdeok Temple

대체이미지

Banwoldang

Banwoldang originated from the name of this store. After the creation of the department store in the 1930s which led to expansions of Japanese stores, a boutique was built on the street corner of the present Banwoldang. It mainly sold general merchandise including handiwork and parasols.

Kwandukjung_Martyrdom Memorial Hall

Found nationwide by Great King Sejong, 'Kwandukjung' derives from 'Saja Soiee Kwansung Dukya' which holds the meaning that 'shooting an arrow is like training the mind and body as well as protecting the nation and therefore, watching this is like viewing a virtuous conduct.' This building was restored as the 'Martyrdom Memorial Hall for the Catholic Church' by the Catholic Archdiocese of Daegu in 1997. It is also the place where CHOI Jae-woo, the founder of Donghak, was executed in March of 1864.

Bohyun Temple_ House on the Hill of Mt. Ami

A kind temple operating the 'House of Mercy,' soup kitchen for homeless people.

Munwookwan(Sangdeok Temple)

This tombstone was raised to praise LEE Sook's work in aiding the hungry residents while serving as the Daegu Dohobusa during his term as the inspector of Gyeongsang Province in year 1672. Due to the reconstruction in 1910, the Sangdeok Temple was brought down and the tombstones were moved to the present Munwookwan.

대체이미지
 
사진보기

목록으로가기

슬로건