블로거와 함께하는 골목이야기
길남이와 함께하는 골목여행

홈> Chin Street

골목투어

Chin Street

The name 'Chin Street' comes from the word 'Chil-da' which is dialect of Gyeongsang Provinces that means 'long.' This street is a long passage that measures approximately 400m that veers away from Jongno, Daegu.

Often seen on TV, the commoners moved through the 'Pimagoal,' known as the narrow passageway inside Jongno when high class aristocrats walked the streets and this 'Chin Street' can be seen as being similar to the 'Pimagoal' of Seoul.

찾아오시는길

Long passage of approximately 400m that veers away from Jongno, Daegu

둘러보기

Old Home of SEO Byung-kuk, Chung Pediatrics, Mido Tea House

대체이미지

Old Mansion of SEO Byung-kuk
(Chinese Resident's Association)_Power of Pitch Pine

Currently used as the building of the Chinese Resident's Association, this mansion was built by the wealthy SEO Byung-kuk in 1925 by using the Chinese red bricks on the Western architectural structure. Instead of using the steel frame, this mansion was built by using the wooden frame made with the 'Pitch Pine' and the walls were thickened by 50cm as provision against the cold.

Although it is almost 80 years old, only the 4 pieces of marbles on the edge of the back door is damaged and even the basement does not get damp. It is known to have been purchased by the Chinese Resident's Association in April of 1949(Interview: HYUNG Sung-moon, 53, worked at the Chinese Resident's Association).

 

Chin Street Restaurant_ Famous Nationwide

As one of the mansions of SEO Byung-won, this place was purchased by LEE Won-man, the founder of Kolon for his residence. Numerous people have lived in this mansion and is currently under the possession of CHUNG Yae-sook, the owner of the Chin Street Restaurant. With its recent fame, it gets difficult to find seats during lunch time and the red bricks laid in the yard of the restaurant is very revealing.


Chung Pediatrics_ Two Story Western-style House

This is the first 2 story Western-style house built in 1937 and owned by SEO Byung-jik. Director CHUNG Pil-soo took over the house in 1947 for his residence and there is a small garden by the left door in the yard. Chung Pediatrics reveals much more beauty from the back of the house rather than the front scenary.

Mido Tea House

After its opening in 1982, it has become the attraction amongst politicians, Confucian scholars and literary figures in the Daegu and Gyeongbuk region.

대체이미지
 
사진보기

목록으로가기


슬로건