블로거와 함께하는 골목이야기
길남이와 함께하는 골목여행

홈> Mulberry Street

골목투어

Mulberry Street

DOO Sa-choong and Mulberry Street. Directly after the Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592, the Chosun Court moved the Gyeongsang-gamyeong from the Dalsung Park to the location of DOO Sa-choong. DOO Sa-choong was a commander from Ming who settled in Daegu. The Court gave him 4,000 pyeong worth of land in Gyesan-dong and he planted mulberry trees on this land and lived by breeding silkworms. The land soon became narrow streets with passage of time and people came to call this street by the name of Mulberry Street.

찾아오시는길

Southern area of the street outside the castle, back gate area of Gyesan Catholic Church

둘러보기

Home of SEO Byung-jo, LEE Sang-hwa, LEE Sang-jung and SEO Sang-don, Red Wall Brick Street and old home of DOO Sa-choong

대체이미지

Home of SEO Byung-jo_
Invited Board President of the Daeryun Foundation

The old Goryeo Wedding Hall was the place of his residence. Due to its classical grace and dignity, it was often used for garden parties between the key figures and commissioned officers of the US Army after the Korean War.

In particular, the WOO brothers of the Goryeo Wedding Hall were known to have used the red pine, rocks and wood materials that came from the building process of the Wedding Hall, as the subsidiary materials for 'Nakdong Seo-won' near the present Songhyun Apartments, near the Wolgok Park.


Old Home of LEE Sang-jung_
First Artist of Western Paintings in Daegu and Participant of Independence Movement

LEE Sang-jung is the older brother of poet LEE Sang-hwa. This is the traditional Korean home next to the Gyesan Cultural Center. While working as a teacher at the Osan School in Jung-ju of South Pyongan from 1921 to 1923, he created an underground organization to develop the anti-Japanese struggle and later fled to Manchuria.

Home of LEE Sang-hwa

This is the home where the racial poet, LEE Sang-hwa lived from 1939 to 1943. He published works such as the 'Year of Girni,' 'My Mother,' and 'Sad Melody.' Although the house was under dangers of destruction due to redevelopment, great efforts were placed by the citizens and the preservation committee for the old home of LEE Sang-hwa(Co-Chairman: YOON Soon-young, Head of Jung-gu Office and LEE Sang-kyu, Professor of Kyungpook University) to restore the appearance of the home back in the 1940s to be opened at free of cost as a tourist attraction.

Old Home of SEO Sang-don_
Promoter of National Debt Redemption Movement

From a family devoted to the Catholic Church, SEO Sang-don became very wealthy through merchandising fabrics and paper goods after settling in Daegu in the year 1859. By advocating the 'National Debt Redemption Movement' to redeem the 13 million debts in 1970, he sublimated it as a nationwide movement.


대체이미지
 
사진보기

목록으로가기

슬로건